“A poem is the very image of life expressed in its eternal truth.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What MS Also Wrought - Finding Inner Strength


http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vona-medu.jpg

Through acceptance of
failings, fears, angers and hurts,
I find compassion.

I don't force fit life
into a tight straightjacket
of sheer perfection.

I will acknowledge
humanity's shortcomings.
They come regardless.

While recognizing
life's misfortunes and trials,
I seek solutions.

If I feel despair,
I do not deny its truth,
but find a way out.

For within me lies
finding my own source of strength,
a powerful gift.

5 comments:

Muffie said...

Your words represent the resilience we need to keep going. Any emotion that results from our battle with the 'dark forces of MS' is understandable. The ability to rise above the bad and embrace the good is an ongoing balancing act.

Gail said...

Hi Judy - your words are of strong will - spirited courage, hope and faith. Thank you for reminding me of our power.
Love Gail
peace....

Connie Arnold said...

This is beautiful, Judy! Thank you for sharing the inspiration.

Robert Parker said...

Your power within is amazing. So why not, I duo... just live!

Judy said...

Muff, resilience is one of my most valuable resources. If not for resilience, I could be in a very dark place all of the time.

Gail, it turns out that I have a much stronger will than I ever imagined; a powerful thing, indeed.

Connie, wow, what a compliment! Thanks.

Robert, I know you are a strong believer in tapping that inner power. Often, your quest for finding gifts reminds me of my possibilities for tapping that strength.